Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Partnership in the Gospel

Philippians 1:5 - "Because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now." 

Think about that for a moment, are we partnering in the gospel?  Could this be said of us that from the first day we were justified (from our point of view), that we have persevered to continue in the proclaiming the gospel.  I know from personally experience I can say, no.  Sadly, but true.  Often, times I have fallen off the band wagon more times than I care to count, and gotten distracted by other things that looked okay (and were not necessarily wrong), but they easily distracted me from partnering in the gospel.  So today, I simply want to do a double check and make sure I have nothing hindering me from being a part of this great opportunity the Lord has given to His church, the proclamation of the Gospel.  But you know the flip side of this is very reassuring as well, that when I do fall off the band wagon, or get a bit detoured, I know that God's Word is true in what it says such as the following verse (1:6) - "For this reason, knowing that He (Lord) who began a good work in you will bring it to completion on the day of Jesus Christ."
You see every effort I muster up will fall short of meeting the goals set before me, but if I place myself in the hands of the Master, and allow Him to work in me through His Spirit there is no limit to what could happen.  Personally, this really hits home, because well, I was there several months back.  Looking back even then, the Lord was still working because on August 14, 2000, God the Father through the Lord Jesus Christ, by the convicting and regenerating power of the Holy Spirit began a good work in me, and yeah over these past 11 years there have been some hard trials and struggles, but I know that they are all being used to mold me and shape me, by the hands of the potter.  So today, I suppose I just ask you as you read this, examine yourself and ask:
  • Are you partnering in the gospel like the Lord wants you to?
  • Are you resting in the fact that the Lord has begun a good work you and He WILL complete it?
Just something to ponder!

No comments:

Post a Comment