Friday, January 21, 2011

Week ends...my heart crys to God.

Oh how I realize more and more my need for my Savior in my life.  It is like a desperate battle within, when I look at my thoughts and desires compared to what the Lord has done for me.  They can not even compare, oh the depths of his love, the vastness of his forgiveness.  How He clothes us in the un-ending righteousness of Jesus.  Jesus, the one who bore my sins upon an old rugged cross, and yet he still stands with open arms crying come to Me, My yoke is easy and My burden is light.  To fathom that he would take me just as I am...honestly, I can't because sometimes I look at myself and I see the wretchedness of my heart, but that is where the beauty of God steps in and reminds me that He no longer looks at me through the eyes of sin, but through the beautiful spotless righteousness of Jesus Christ.  Oh truly, how we need him every hour, to remind us of the beautiful gospel that is ever before us keeping us and sustaining us....every day, every hour, every minute of time until that day we stand before His throne, and even then we will still be relying upon the cross of Christ, because we will be singing, "Blessing, honor, glory, and power, unto the Lamb that was slain before the foundation of the world.  For he has redeemed us from every nation, tribe, and tongue, and made us kings and priests!!"  
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment