Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Thank You to Dr. Greg Harris, a mentor and friend in Christ.

Dr. Harris,
I know we did not get to know each other for too long, but what time I had seems to have been used by God to impact me more than anything in the world. There are many times in my life when I return in my thoughts to those times in your class where bits of nuggets were un-earthed and the beauty and majesty of God's Word took on a whole new level for me. Well, I am happy to let you know I am returning to school to finish my Master's degree, and I am also by God's graciousness being given by His hand a position with a dear friend here in Maryville, TN, who is planting a church for God's glory. I will be stepping into the Small Group Director role, so please keep me in your prayers as I begin this next "chapter" in my life and as I just re-read the chapter "The Footprints". I am reminded that Christ has gone before me in this endeavor and as 2 Peter 2:21 tells me, in following Christ there will be suffering, but nothing compared to the suffering that He took in order to was me as white as snow...Truly His footprints are blood stained and yet I long to stand strong in those footprints, knowing it is not me working in myself, but God working in me to do His will for my life, no matter where it takes me. And often times to places I least expected...
Thank you Dr. Harris for all you have done in my life, and yes, which is easier for Him to heal a lame man or forgive His sins?? :) And yes I do still long for that fourth cup...to look into the eyes of my Savior and lay my crowns before His feet, and to take that cup and drink with my Savior. Oh the glory of our salvation...

No comments:

Post a Comment